Hello! I am Jane and I am obsessed with crafting, thrifting, decorating on a dime, gardening, repurposing castoffs and general DIY-ing. I live in a Philadelphia suburb with my husband and our Chocolate Lab in a very old house that we are slowly renovating.
This blog focuses on vintage inspired, budget-friendly, creative and fun projects that will add a bit of amusement to everyday life ’cause, let’s face it, sometimes life isn’t so easy. My projects aim to be simple while also being eco- and budget-friendly with a sense of humor or a sarcastic twist.
I love using thrifted objects in my crafts and try to buy materials and supplies second-hand wherever possible.
A Crafty Manifesto:
- Always use pre-owned, thrifted or recycled materials whenever possible.
- Make it yourself and reduce the amount of mass produced items you buy.
- Appreciate the uniqueness of your creation.
- Use vintage items and use them in a new way.
- Use non-toxic materials wherever possible.
- Show that spending less can be rewarding and not just feel like depriving yourself.
- Make things that are inexpensive or easily affordable and create things that replace expensive mass produced items.
- Share the benefits of crafting and making things yourself. Crafting can be relaxing and you can experience mindfulness, flow and a sense of accomplishment while you are creating.
- Keep a sense of humor – it’s not rocket science.